#66 - Animation - Music

The only sound I have in my animation is background music, which lasts the full thirty seconds. I do not have any sound effects because I ran out of time, simple as that. I should have been more prepared and paced myself better, then I would have been able to add some great sound effects, but unfortunately it is too late now. The good thing is that the music suits the scene well. It is quite dramatic, dangerous music, which support the narrative by saying in this scene some shady things are happening. I also managed to cut a thirty seconds excerpt out which fits perfectly. It doesn't start on a strange note and it doesn't finish on a strange note. It is in fact the 'Imperial March' from 'Star Wars: A New Hope' taken from YouTube. To include this music I downloaded it and imported it into Adobe Premiere Pro just when I had finished piecing together the animation sequence. I used the razor tool to cut out the thirty seconds I wanted and moved this new excerpt in line with the thirty second animation. Once I exported this, the sound worked fine with the animation and I was done.

It is unfortunate that I couldn't put sound effects in, because I would have had a deep glare for the engines, and a loud, heavy blast for the EMP, with a sort of electrical squeak for the hangar shields. However, I could take a risk and say that I did not include any sounds because space is a vacuum and you wouldn't be able to hear anything. The camera is never from the perspective of the inside of a ship (something else I could have done, although I don't think I could have got that to fit in with my story board). Therefore throughout the whole animation, if you were the camera, you wouldn't hear anything. The background music is for effect and is not part of the scene anyway, so it doesn't matter that there is no sound in space as far as this is concerned. Ultimately though, the animation would have been much better with sounds effects but the music saves it from being a total disaster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#16 - Assignment Models - Venator Star Destroyer 1

#13 - Assignment Models - Jedi Starfighter 2

#62 - Animation - Lighting