#16 - Assignment Models - Venator Star Destroyer 1

This is the first post showing my progress on the second of my three assignment models, the Venator Class Star Destroyer. I began by adding in three schematic images, one for the top view of the model, one for the side and one for the front.
https://jasonmartin3d.deviantart.com/art/Venator-Star-Destroyer-Front-149783765

https://jasonmartin3d.deviantart.com/art/Venator-Star-Destroyer-Side-149783502

https://jasonmartin3d.deviantart.com/art/Venator-Star-Destroyer-Top-149783650
Once the images were aligned and scaled properly, I added in a cube, and scaled that to be the same size as each of the three images on the corresponding dimensions. I then started to shape the cube from the top view by using the multi-cut tool to add in vertices along the longest four edges of the object where the shape of the model would alter. Once the vertices were there, I dragged them all in to match the shape of the Venator in the picture I imported. I then repeated this process for the side and front views. I had a problem with the object sort of bulging out on some of its faces, mostly where I had pulled vertices in and the model was thinner from the top view, and it would cause the entire object to distort when trying to pull other vertices further down. This was promptly solved by connecting all the parallel vertices to prevent the faces becoming curved. All the faces are now flat and the body of the model is reasonably accurate. I can start adding on separate objects and adding details.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#13 - Assignment Models - Jedi Starfighter 2

#62 - Animation - Lighting