#67 - Animation - Rendering and Exporting

When the time came to export my animation, I had to render it 150 frames at a time, some with the EMP emitter in and some without, and then upload each file to YouTube. YouTube would compress it into an mp4 format, then I could download it again and import this new, much smaller file into Adobe Premiere Pro, which I used to piece together the final animation. Generally, this went well and did not take too long. I managed to compress and add each of the 900 frames successfully and put them into premiere pro. One frame was doubled up but it only lasts for one thirtieth of a second so it is not a big deal. I did have one quite huge problem when trying to batch render the frames. I had already successfully got the frames with the EMP emitter, then once I had deleted it and tried to batch render the start of the animation, it would just stop at frame 1. I had to move computer and sit and wait for ages before this would work again, wasting about an hour during which I could have added at least a couple of sound effects (although obviously I should have left myself a day or two for this). I did manage to get everything rendered though, and the final animation looked pretty good, especially the hangar glow effects. Once everything, including the music, was imported and set up in premiere pro, I exported it into a new AVI file, and the video runs fine. No lag, or errors, just a successful video which is exactly 30 seconds long. It might be out by like 1 millisecond or something because of the extra frame but I would say that is close enough. Despite the batch render issue, the whole rendering process went fairly successfully. The only issue was, and the reason I had to do 150 frames at a time, was because Maya simply couldn't handle much more than this, so I couldn't render it in one go, I had to do it 6 times, as well as upload 6 videos to YouTube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#16 - Assignment Models - Venator Star Destroyer 1

#13 - Assignment Models - Jedi Starfighter 2

#62 - Animation - Lighting