#40 - Animation - Animation Techniques 1

To begin learning some techniques for animating my models I have created a sky dome, which will be used in my actual animation to represent the space around the models in the animation. A huge sphere with a space texture inside will contain the whole animation. This is a very easy and very effective way to create the scenery for my entire animation, although space can be very simple and repetitive.

I didn't have any trouble creating this sky dome, as the instructions I had were simple and clear, although it is still a major component of my animation despite being made so easily. I created a sphere and enlarged it quite a lot, so you could fit about 1000 default grid spaces inside. I decided to smooth it three times, so that later I can use the UV editor to map the texture more easily. Three times wasn't too much for the system to handle. I did not delete any of the faces on the sphere because for a space environment, it needs to surround everything with no gaps. I also use the reverse tool to set all the faces inside the sphere so that the texture I added was seen from inside.

The camera will never be outside the sphere so I don't need to worry about the outer faces. I added the sphere to a layer and set it to template, so I can edit things inside it more easily. Finally, I added a space texture as the texture inside the sphere. This is not the texture I will be using in the animation, as the resolution is not high enough and it just looks rubbish, so I will find a better one before I start the actual animation.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#16 - Assignment Models - Venator Star Destroyer 1

#13 - Assignment Models - Jedi Starfighter 2

#62 - Animation - Lighting